I read this in Parade on May 5. Jimmy Buffett, “Margaritaville” singer’s mother, Mary Loraine “Peets” Buffett, had a lot to do with shaping her son’s style and outlook on life that I thought it would be fun to share.
Mama Buffett’s life rules:
- Read often, even the classics.
- Accept everyone for who they are, not what they do.
- Be well-traveled.
- Learn to be a listener. Shhh!
- Live by the sea.
- Listen to your spirit and find joy.
- Education, like money, doesn’t make you happy or successful.
- Love and family are the best things we have.