As a real estate agent you are busy wearing a multitude of hats, from home and neighborhood expert, to chief marketing officer, market analyst and therapist. You cannot expect to know the ins and outs of tax codes and deductions and other tax related obligations. As an entrepreneur you want to be able to manage your finances efficiently, retaining as much profit as possible. You may not have thought of a CPA as one of your best financial partners but a CPA can offer insight to your business structure, help provide protection from financial and tax obligations. In some cases CPA’s can even help you manage your own real estate investments.
Investing in a CPA is one of the best business decisions you can make. It will relieve you of unnecessary stress and worry. They can partner with you as a business manager helping you manage payroll and your tax obligations.
You should spend some time to interview CPA’s to find the best match for you and your business. Be ready with a handful of questions:
- What type of accounting do you specialize in? Who are some of your current clients? How long have your clients stayed with you?
- Do you offer tax preparation?
- How often are you available to meet or talk with me? How can I best reach you?
- Can you assist in various phases of real estate investment, acquisition or sale of property?
- What advice do you have for my business bookkeeping?
- What is your fee structure?